- Lens Developers building City-Scale AR experiences will now be able to explore the area in an interactive environment in the Preview panel with the new Interactive Camera View.
- Through our partnership with OpenCV, Snap is providing a training notebook that allows you to train ML Models that support Optical Character Recognition.
- The Optical Character Recognition Template provides two parts to help Lens Developers get started with OCR; how to train a powerful OCR model, and a Lens Studio template.
- Lens Studio now offers the ability to utilize Pixels or Points, known as Device Independent Pixels, when adding a SceneObject to a Camera. When setting fields like size, padding, offsets or the various fields of the Layout Element, you can use the new device independent point unit instead of centimeters.
- The Meme Template offers Lens Developers an easy way to create movable screen sticker Lens by simply providing an image.
- The Quiz Template provides a convenient way to create quiz Lens by simply providing JSON data or directly editing the quiz in the Inspector panel.
- The Scene Manager Template demonstrates a few ways to use the Scene Manager Custom Component. Scene Manager allows you to break up your Lens into different pieces, reuse parts of Lenses, and improve overall Lens performance.
- Major stability improvements, see the FIXED to learn more.
- Support for ML Assets has been added to Remote Assets.
- Multiple performance improvements to VFX Editor assets, especially for projects that have a lot of VFX in the scene.
- Display Street Level Supported Area Info.
- Spotlights now has a Falloff option.
- PVR default for JPG in Lens Studio + template update
- True Size support to Eyewear Try-On Template
- Convert Graph GPU Particles to use instancing
- The Particles Template has been updated to use the new Instancing GPU Particles
- Fixed issue when Lens Studio application may crash during undo for parameters on materials/shaders
- Fixed issue when textures were duplicated on project reopen
- Fixed issue when Serializated prefab script order does not match unserialized prefab of script
- Fixed issue when video textures and other resources have been duplicated on project reopen
- Fixed issue when Lens Studio application can be crashed on project reopen when unsupported entities have been added into project folders accidentally
- Fixed issue with getPixels function
- Fixed Lens Studio application crash with mp4 resource
- Fixed issue when Lens Studio application creates unused folders as resource
- Fixed issue when user can not see city map in Map panel
- Fixed issue when Lens Studio application crashes when printing the destroyed collider component
- Fixed issue when Lens Studio application crashes with old projects structure during scene objects selection
- Fixed issue with Project Info menu items
- Fixed issue when projects created on macOS won't open on Windows OS
Windows 10 (64 bit); MacOS 10.13+
Minimum of Intel Core i3 2.5Ghz or AMD FX 4300 2.6Ghz or Apple M1 with 4 GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia GeForce 710 / AMD Radeon HD 6450 or better; screen resolution of 1280x768 or higher
Please make sure that you have the latest driver for your specific graphics card installed
Join The Community
Join The Community
Get updates from Snap AR including creator tools, tutorials, meetups, events, and more — all for free!