Released September 13th, 2023
- Location AR’s World Mesh has been updated to World Mesh 2.0. With World Mesh 2.0, Lens Developers can take advantage of significantly improved accuracy, support, and precision of creating world meshes.
- World Mesh 2.0 also now supports reconstruction of a wide variety of outdoor spaces, which were previously unsupported.
- This update also enables Lens Developers to utilize the Custom Location Scan Lens on devices that do not have LiDAR functionality, opening up the range of devices you can use to create Custom Location AR Lenses. This allows you to utilize World Mesh 2.0 in Custom Location AR Lenses.
- The Real-Time Neural Rendering ML Model enables building your AR assets from 2D images taken from your phone. With full compatibility for Snap ML, this model can be run on devices in real time.
- Lens Developers can also take advantage of a new Ray tracing feature: Diffuse Indirect Lighting. Diffuse Indirect lighting acts as a step towards Global Illumination, by providing a level of realism of how colors and lights can bleed and glow onto other objects.
- The Volumetric Cloud Template showcases how to render realistic clouds utilizing a ray marching technique. Volumetric Cloud materials have been highly optimized to run smoothly during run-time, letting Lens Developers take advantage of the feature in new AR experiences.
- AI-Powered Search BETA is new in Lens Studio documentation. Developers can conversationally get help by typing in a question and receive a well-structured, and relevant response that’s parsed through all Lens Studio docs and other learning materials. Use the shortcut Cmd / Ctrl + L to get started on any documentation page.
- Along with Raytracing’s new Diffusion Indirect lighting feature, a few improvements have been made to assist in the creation of Raytraced powered Lenses:
- Enable MetalLibs export for Advanced Graphics Mode Lenses: Advanced Graphics Mode with metallib enabled export allows Lens Developers to export Lenses with precompiled shaders that will significantly improve loading time on IOS devices.
- An update to the LocalRay UI to have a dedicated Receiver include/exclude lists.
- Improved 3D Hand Tracking
- Snap is improving the existing 3D Hand Tracking solution on high-end mobile devices. We offer a new hand tracking model which produces more natural-looking hand shapes and better captures challenging hand poses, including partial overlap.
- Fixed issue with 'AR custom location' template
- Fixed an issue where VFX with a high particle count would throw a script error.
- Fixed the problem where VFX assigned to a layer not rendered by a camera
- Fixed issue when shader compilation failed on VFX with Advanced Graphics Mode
- Fixed the inability to install the Old CC from the Asset library.
- Addressed the problem where Point Size from Overlay Camera reported the wrong value when targeting Live Target.
- Fixed the crash that occurred when opening a project if a function was set as a graph shader parameter.
- Fixed issue when LS app can crash when user is switching to different device simulation settings
- Fixed issue when user received multiple dialogs on import of 3d models
- Fixed the crash that occurred when trying to open a project with VFX containing a float parameter for the target position property of various AddForce subgraphs.
- Addressed the issue where the project generated multiple cross compiler errors even after removing resources and optimizing the project.
- Fixed the problem where not all effects were shown in the preview after successful shaders update.
- Resolved the issues related to the Content Editor Tools template, including no shaders update and long project closing times.
- Fixed the custom code node, which previously lacked the option to get UVs past 1.
- Resolved the crash that occurred after opening a project with frequent printing.
- Fixed issue with when Crop Texture become empty
- Addressed the increase in processing time for ML Models.
- Fixed the issue where LS froze upon project opening.
- Resolved the problem where the world tracking preview was broken in the Preview panel.
Windows 10 (64 bit); MacOS 10.13+
Minimum of Intel Core i3 2.5Ghz or AMD FX 4300 2.6Ghz or Apple M1 with 4 GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia GeForce 710 / AMD Radeon HD 6450 or better; screen resolution of 1280x768 or higher
Please make sure that you have the latest driver for your specific graphics card installed
Camera Kit Compatibility
If you are a Camera Kit developer please review the Lens Studio compatibility table to ensure your Lens will work in your application.
Get Old Versions
Join The Community
Join The Community
Get updates from Snap AR including creator tools, tutorials, meetups, events, and more — all for free!